Water Tank Installation
Li-Lo Underground Rainwater Tank
Round & Slimline Tank Installation Guide
Site Preparation and Maintenance for a Clark Polyethylene Tank
- Uniform compaction (free from soft spots) and on level ground
- All bases must be at least 500mm greater then the diameter of the tank
- Ensure that the base has some sort of retainment to prevent erosion, e.g. retaining beams
- A flexible coupling must be fitted to each outlet to validate the guarantee
- Specifications for slab for 46,825L and 36,369L tanks:
- Slab must be at least 150mm bigger then the base diameter of the tank
- Slab must be at least 150mm thick with 2 layers of F82 mesh 75mm apart and a thickening of 200mm wide and 200mm deep with Y16 reo bar at the bottom of the thickening around the edge of the slab
- Slab must be 32 mpa concrete mix
- Ensure all plumbing from the outlets is well supported and cannot be knocked.
On The Delivery Day
We require you, the customer, to arrange sufficient manpower to assist our driver to unload
- 9,092L – 13,638L: 1 person required onsite at time of delivery
- 22,730L: 2 people required onsite at time of delivery
- 23,640L – 31,823L: 3 people required onsite at time of delivery
- 36,369L – 46,824L: 2 people required onsite at time of delivery
The Hi-Ab is available only on request for tanks 31,823 litres or smaller (charges may apply). Notification must be made before a delivery date can be confirmed. The Hi-Ab is capable of lifting the 1023L – 10,092L tank approx 1.8m (6ft) high and 2m away from the truck and the 13,638L – 46,824L approx. 0.9m (3ft) high and 1 – 2m away from the truck. This is strictly conditional upon the ground being suitable for the legs of the crane to stabilise the truck and if the truck has direct access to the site.
Upon delivery it is essential that 2.5cm of water is put into the tank. If water is not available ensure that the tank is tied down to secure it from being blown away and damaged.
We will help site the tanks only if the site is ready and accessible for the truck and trailer combination of 19.5m long, 3.5m wide and 5m high. Please ensure that you notify logistics if there is sufficient space for the truck and trailer to be turned around (a minimum of 50m turning space is required) and also of any obstacles (i.e. low power lines, etc) that the driver will need to consider.
PLEASE NOTE: the driver has the final decision to assess suitability of the site and will place the tank as near to the pad as safely possible if he considers the site to be unsafe or not easily accessible.
Correct Method for Sitting Above Ground